Slice of Life Day Five: Don't know what to write, for the right reasons!

This Slice of Life Challenge is doing me a lot of good. Each day I think about fifty times maybe I should use that for my slice today! I'm sure it is obvious that I am not a very experienced writer. My goals are to become a better writer, and a better writing teacher. My goal is also to do something for myself, and perhaps find some new friends and peers in the process...

So for today I will just free-write some of the things that are running circles around my head:

Feeling sick and being a parent - somehow we are supposed to take turns on the sickness so one of us is left to take care of the kids.

The kids are growing too fast, in many ways they are taking care of themselves.

We are hunting for a house... put in an offer today on a property that my husband saw and I did not. We'll see what happens.

I made pancakes for breakfast, they made me super happy. When I find a gluten-free recipe that I want to make more than once, that is a great find!

There is no such thing as a normal week around here, it seems like an old and tired topic to write about, but it is so relevant.

We cannot please everyone, personally or professionally, grow a tougher skin and let those nasty comments roll off.

Maybe in the days to come I will flesh out one or two of these and try to make something worth reading. Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment