Slice of Life Day Nine: My Sweetness

Today while driving home from the grocery store NPR was on the radio. I wasn't paying much attention, but I think the program that was playing may have been This American Life. Someone was telling a story about something and described a woman saying "she spared every expense." It made me laugh out loud.

I don't know if that person was talking about a mother, or family member, or what, but it made me think. How will I be described by my grown children. So I am considering what my two year old is experiencing with me, what is life like from his very important perspective.

Our kids see how embarrassing we are, and looking back as adults how do they interpret their memories? I can't base all parenting choices on a fear of what he'll think when he grows, but I will amuse myself from time to time thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment